Voltage Regulator REG-D™
Both simple and demanding measurement, control and regulation tasks can be carried out using the new RegSys™ voltage-control system.
The REG-D™ voltage regulator (basic device), PAN-D and PAN-A1/A2 voltage monitoring units as well as interface modules with binary inputs and outputs and analogue inputs and outputs are used as an optimal solution for these varied tasks.
Every REG-D™ regulator can be used as a regulator and at the same time as a transformer monitor, measurement transducer, recorder, statistical unit and ParaGramer. All important network measurement quantities are displayed in measurement transducer mode. Changes in the regulated voltage and additional selectable measurement quantities are recorded in recorder mode. The statistical unit for the tap-changer position offers a clear display of all switching operations of the tap-changer. The ParaGramer provides a complete busbar simulation. It is particularly useful for the parallel connection of several transformers.
The REG-DA regulator features a world innovation as it can be equipped with a high-capacity transformer-monitoring function in accordance with CEI IEC 354 (VDE 0536). This function allows the operator to call up information about the hot-spot temperature and the lifetime consumption of the transformer at any time. If required, the regulator can activate up to six cooling levels. The oil temperature can either be recorded directly (PT 100) or via a mA input.
The connection of multiple independent voltage control systems in a network via a bus line enables a central monitoring of the transformers and a mutual exchange of data over large distances via various transfer methods. In particular, the parallel connections of several transformers can be very easily implemented this way.
The PAN-D voltage-monitoring unit is used for redundant voltage monitoring.
Both the tap-changer and the regulator can be monitored with the aid of monitoring units. The PAN-D unit supplies a range of signals which enable secure and concise operation of a transformer. These are output via LEDs and relay contacts and include the following: voltage limits <U1, >U2, <<U3, >>U4, tap-changer in operation lamp and the signals “Regulator fault” and “Tap-Changer fault”, etc. Application-specific tasks can also be implemented via freely programmable inputs and outputs.
REGSys™ is able to communicate with a central control unit via all common protocols.
- large backlit LCD (128 x 128) with all important information (tap-changer position, voltage, etc.)
- Measuring functions (U, I, P, Q, S, cos ϕ, ϕ, I sin ϕ, f )
- Recorder functions (multichannel line recorder)
- Statistics functions (total number of switching operations, switching operations per tap)
- Event recorder (log book)
- Transformer monitoring functions for recording of the hot-spot temperature and lifetime consumption
- 14 (16) freely programmable binary inputs
- 7 freely programmable binary outputs
- freely programmable analogue inputs or outputs (mA)
- Pt 100 direct input
- Input for tap-potentiometer 200Ω...20kΩ total resistance)
- Control of three-winding transformers
- Control of phase-shifting transformers
The following protocols are available:
- IEC 60870 - 5 - 101 / 103 / 104
- IEC 61850
- DNP 3.0
- Profi bus DP
- MODBUS RTU